We are looking to hire an EHS officer to assist in safe implementation of our ongoing Telecom and Construction Projects.
- Telecommunication and Construction Field
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting a risk assessment and producing a Site Safety Plan prior to any work commencing, in addition to the preparation of Risk Management Plan.
- Job Safety & Environmental Analysis (JSEA) / Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) as per the company’s Health and Safety Regulations and ensure proper implementation of each plan.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal and contractual guidelines.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety in the workplace.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and site operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
- Conducting toolbox meetings, ensuring site rules are adhered to, provision of site signage and appropriate personal protective equipment provided to all workers
- Implementation of NEMA guidelines on conservation of the environment.
- Degree in Environmental health & safety
- 2 years of experience in related fields
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills
Job Category: EHS Department
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nairobi-Kenya